Sunday, June 19, 2016

Adventure: Exploring Orio


June 19, 2016 - I started my Sunday by having granola I bought while grocery shopping last night at Hallo Day. I was so excited when I came across it! There were three options:

  • Grains with raisins 
  • Meat with vegetables 
  • Grains with dried pineapple, apple slices, and corn 
I went with the third option. The granola and dried fruit is great ... the corn is a little interesting. I cannot image how anyone would eat the granola with meat and vegetables. I'm going to stay far away from that option.



Today's Adventure -

I had wanted to venture out to the beach today but since I got a late start I missed the bus from Orio Station. Apparently the bus ride there is only offered 3 times and all 3 depart before noon. I'll try again next weekend and plan it out a little better. From what I've researched online the beach looks great! I am really excited to see it!

Even though I didn't get to walk in the sand, today was not a waste. I explored the area around my apartment and found many restaurants, shops, and bars that are well within walking distance.

When I left my apartment I headed in the opposite direction of the way I head to school in the morning. I wanted to see what I have been missing.

Here are the highlights:




I'm within walking distance of another metro line: Honjo Stop, Chickuho Main Line




There is a Coco Ichibanya down the street. My brother MJ loves this place!




I found a second hand store that sells golf clubs and putters. I found a 7 iron and putter that I'll probably go back for next weekend. The 7 iron was about 380 yen and the putter was 100 yen. I was shocked!




UNIQLOis right down the street from me! They are the perfect place for me to shop. Everything is neutral, breathable, and meant to be interchanged. This is by far my favorite Japanese store. niko and ... is very similar, but Uniqlo"s prices are better.




My Japanese bank account has been activated. Today was my first time interacting with the ATM all on my own. It was a success. *They have an English setting.






I found so many bars and restaurants I am excited to try.





On my walk back I caught myself being a tourist.