Saturday, June 4, 2016

Journey Through Japan Begins


From Dallas, Texas to Fukuoka, Japan

DFW - YYZ - NRT - FUK


I'm officially headed to Japan to begin teaching English.
Let the journey begin!

May 25, 2016 – I packed my life into one checked bag, one carry on, and one personal item. I did not realize how attached and dependent I was to my belongings until I had to pack them up. It was really tough to leave things behind.

May 26, 2016 - This morning my parents said goodbye to me at DFW Airport at 4:15 am. Everything went smoothly; bag check, security, TSA. What has not hit me yet is the "goodbye". I feel like I am only going on vacation and will be back in a couple of days. I have not realized that I have left - for at least 10 months. There's a possibility that I may see them in August during my summer break, but that is not guaranteed. A lot can happen in 10 months.

A lot can change in 10 months.