Saturday, June 10, 2017

Afternoon at Slow Resort


This afternoon I ventured out with my friend H and her two daughters.  I thought they would be picking me up just to take me out for a quick lunch. I figured we'd try a new local restaurant somewhere close by. Instead, they surprised me with a trip to Slow Resort*. 

*I visited Slow Resort with Shoko-San and her friends back in March and had an exceptional time exploring the grounds of the vineyard. The gardens and event spaces were stunning even back when everything wasn't in full bloom. Field Trip to Ashiya Beach

I was so excited when they told me where we were going. I already knew I loved this place.

As we stepped onto the resort grounds I could tell that today was going to be even better than my last visit. Everything was in bloom and there were a lot more families roaming around. One of the event spaces was even being used for a wedding ceremony later in the evening. 

Before deciding on which restaurant to eat at we looked at all of the shops and wandered around the grounds.  Once again I was in awe . . . 


Slow Resort, Ashiya, Kitakyushu, Japan


Event Space at Slow Resort, Ashiya, Kitakyushu, Japan


Wedding Chapel at Slow Resort, Ashiya, Kitakyushu, Japan


Event Space at Slow Resort, Ashiya, Kitakyushu, Japan


Decorations to welcome Japan's Rainy Season 


"Say cheese!"


Very thankful for her friendship.


Just pretending to be their older sister for the day.
We talked about music, fashion, and social media.
Loved every second of it!


Lunch: Japanese margherita pizza, salad, and fresh grape juice.
Not pictured: cold brew iced coffee

After lunch we headed to the sea and I couldn't have been happier. On our drive we listened to the soundtrack to Beauty and the Beast. And I'm not gong to lie, we ended up putting the Ariana Grande and John Legend track on repeat. 


Ashiya Seaside, Kitakyushu, Japan


Ashiya Seaside, Kitakyushu, Japan


Ashiya Seaside, Kitakyushu, Japan




At the end of the day H asked me what I like to do in life. I answered by saying, "Traveling. Traveling to any place, taking in the sights, and visiting a coffee shop. Pretty much exactly what we did today."

XOXO