Saturday, June 3, 2017

Welcome Back!


As I'm settling back into my neighborhood and routine, I wanted to capture some of my daily scenes. 

Coming back to Japan to begin my second year has already been incredibly enjoyable. It's a nice feeling to recognize and understand the things around me. I don't feel as 'lost' as I did this time last year.  

So here is how I see my neighborhood ...


SunLive is a small department store. It is where I buy most of my groceries. Also, if' I'm in desperate need, I can buy my clothing & housewares on the second level. Their prices are a little on the high end, but I pay them because of its convenient location. 


Bus stops are conveniently located all around me. Also, Orio Station is only about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. The ease and availability of public transportation is one of my favorite things about living in Japan. 


Many homes have traditional Japanese gardens like the one above. 


There are many coffee shops in my neighborhood. 


This is one of my favorite bento boxes to buy from SunLive. I don't buy bento boxes a lot because they're high in sodium, but they're a nice splurge every once in a while. 


There are many JA Farmers Markets around town. 


Everything I could need is within walking distance. 


My neighborhood has plenty of parks and courses to run.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!
xoxo