Friday, October 13, 2017

Oh, Osaka - Part 2



Osaka, you win this round. You kicked my butt. I'm exhausted. 48 hours is all it took for you to wipe me out.

Before our trip, A and I had put together a list of things we wanted to do. We didn't quite do everything, but we did a lot! We checked all the main attractions off of our list.

Navigating the city proved to be our most difficult task. Looking for a restaurant or a tourist site became comical. We were always just a little bit "off".

So here's how we spent 48 hours in Osaka ...




Day 1











Day 2
  • toured Osaka Castle 
  • ate the best matcha ice cream
  • had kaiten zushi for lunch
  • walked through Nara Park where we saw temples, deer, and beautiful nature scenes
  • indulged in another matcha ice cream 
  • walked through Dotombori 
  • ate yakitori for dinner
  • tried takoyaki --- not exactly our favorite, but we're glad we tried it
  • walked the streets of America Mura where we saw lives scenes of Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift
  • walked a total of 13.1 miles














Day 3
  • checked out of the hostel 
  • visited the ShinSekai "New World" neighborhood
  • went on a Bicycle Food Tour with Cycle Osaka
    • Our tour and guide was amazing! Ask for Mayco. 
  • ate oden, kimchi pancakes, Korean BBQ, sushi, kushikatsu and taiyaki
  • headed back to Kitakyushu by Shinkansen















As exhausting as this trip was, it was incredibly enjoyable. I'm so happy that I was able to meet A during her trip around Japan. I had the best time exploring the city with her and tasting all the food that Osaka is famous for.

We definitely could have used more time. There's so much to see and do. The scene there is unique and it's the complete opposite of Tokyo. Some of the things we saw shocked me! Osaka is funky to say the least. I'm glad I went. I want to go back. But just know, I do prefer Tokyo. Osaka's too edgy and after this trip, I realized I couldn't quite handle it.

XOXO,
M