Monday, October 2, 2017

One Year of Friendship

On Saturday, September 23rd, Shoko-san and I celebrated our One Year of Friendship. We met at Kurosaki Station in the early afternoon and headed to GINZA to have lunch. We each ordered shrimp paella and an ice cream soda float. 

After lunch we took the train to Mojiko where we toured a traditional Japanese style home/restaurant. The home was serine. You could feel the time and care that went into constructing it. The details were beautiful and a theme of bamboo was carried throughout. If it weren't for the crowds, Shoko-san and I could have stayed all day ... but we both stay away from large groups of people. 

From Mojiko we headed to Yahata to visit the zoo. It was Animal Appreciation Day so the park was open to the public at no cost. We walked the whole park and saw everything. Of course, we loved seeing the elephant and the monkeys.

We also took a coffee break and enjoyed seasonal fruit. Shoko-san always packs snacks in her backpack. I've said it before, but I want to be like Shoko-san when I'm older. She's my Yoda.

I can't believe it's been one year since we met. I'm glad that the Japanese Conversation Class brought us together. I've learned so much from her. Not only has she helped me improve my Japanese, but she's also shown me how to live like a local, and how to be a better person and friend. I'm thankful for our friendship and am looking forward to many more adventures ... especially the 2020 Olympics!

Take a look at how we spent our day . . . 

















XOXO,
M