Saturday, November 11, 2017

Tuesday Evening


And just like that, it's Christmas in Japan. On Tuesday evening, I met Shoko-san at the River Walk in Kokura. We had plans to attend a music concert put on by Virginia Tech students. The theme of the performance was "Hooray for Hollywood". When Shoko-san heard about the concert she immediately thought of me. She said that we should go because it would be a good chance for me to have a taste of home. She was right. I needed this. I needed to be reminded of what it's like to be a part of something. Lately, I've been stressed and hyper focused on work. I've felt myself starting to get lost in my routine. Work, workout, eat, sleep, and repeat. My days have been blurring together and I have that feeling that I'm living for the weekend. The concert was the push I needed to relax and refocus.

Here's their song list . . . 

1. Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
2. As Time Goes By from Casablanca
3. Singing In The Rain from Singing In The Rain
4. Over The Rainbow from The Wizard of OZ
5. Cheek to Cheek from Too Hat
6. City of Stars from La La Land
7. Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
8. Tonight from West Side Story
9. Hand Jive from Grease
10. Spirited Away from Spirited Away
11. My Heart Will Go On from Titanic
12. When You Wish Upon A Star from Pinocchio
13. Someday My Prince Will Come from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
14. A Whole New World from Aladdin
15. Can You Feel The Love Tonight from The Lion King
16. Under The Sea from The Little Mermaid
17. Let It Go from Frozen




This concert was a beautiful reminder of why I love the holidays. Christmas definitely came early this year. 'Tis the season. 

XOXO,
M