Saturday, November 4, 2017

Falling for Fall


November is here which means that Christmas isn't too far away. Holiday magic is filling the air. Before I step out of my apartment I'm wrapping up in a scarf and slipping into boots. I absolutely love everything about this time of year. Jazz music is playing, coffee is constantly brewing, and everything has a beautiful grey-ness to it.  Even when the sun is shining, it's crisp and cool. It's unbelievably enjoyable. 

I'm as busy as ever at school, but I'm making time to run. I've been running consistently. Some runs are easy, most are tough, but they're all good runs. I'm working on creating habits that I'm proud of and running consistently is one of them. In the past, whenever I've done things they've usually been sporadic. Which means that I would accomplish the immediate goal, but I wouldn't be able to maintain my progress and improve at a consistent rate. It was all or nothing. 

As I continue to focus on making running a habit, I'm starting to see the benefits unfold in front of me. Lacing up my shoes is something I look forward to, not dread. Even if I'm only out for a mile or for an hour, I have the opportunity to disconnect, enjoy myself, and let my thoughts go. My coffee seems to taste better these days and I actually have an appetite. Running is something I'm choosing to do because I want to, not because I feel like I have to. My mindset is changing for the better.

Here are some pictures from my most recent running adventures. My favorite was taking a train into Fukuoka to meet K and run at Ohorikoen. I'm looking forward to going back in a couple of weekends.

Take a look . . .