Sunday, September 18, 2016

Weekend Recap: Cancelled Sports Day & Best Time So Far



This weekend was a little different than most because I worked on Saturday and Sunday due to Sports Day events.  But because I love my job so much it felt like the weekend anyway. 


On Saturday I attended JHS #2's Sports Day practice. This was their last opportunity to work out any of the fine details for the official event scheduled for Sunday. Getting to school in the morning was a little challenging. I walked out of my apartment like I do any other day and then realized It's Saturday. Does my normal bus even run on the weekend? 

I walked up to the bus stop's schedule and realized I had no idea which timetable applied to buses running on the weekends. Through process of elimination and a lot of context clues I came to the belief that my normal bus did in fact run on Saturday and at the same time.

When my bus pulled up I was so relieved. My back up plan had been to hail a taxi and pay well more than my usual bus fare to ensure I made it to school on time.

[Insert here --- stories of Sports Day practice and how much fun I had participating.]

When I got back to my apartment after school I found myself completely exhausted and a little sun burnt. If I was exhausted from just standing outside I couldn't even imagine how the students felt. I took a 2 hour nap and slept like a baby. When I woke up I went to buy some groceries and more supplies for another fan. I cooked, crafted, showered, and hit the sack. 



SPORTS DAY had finally arrived! I woke up and my excitement quickly died when I looked out the window. It was pouring rain. I had a feeling that Sports Day was cancelled but I still packed my bag and headed to school. Through a series of unfortunate choices - not wearing rain boots and choosing the wrong bus - I ended up taking a taxi to JHS #1. Taxi's in Japan are so nice. They're so clean and quick. I was at school in no time. 

Even though the Sports Day event was cancelled the students still had a regular day of classes and the party scheduled for later that evening was still happening. 

After school I went home, changed, and headed to the bus stop where everyone was meeting.

*** [Insert here --- the story of the best time I've had in Japan so far.] ***

WORD OF THE NIGHT