Friday, September 9, 2016

Weekly Update: September 5 - 9


I had a great week starting back to school. Aside from the typhoon that had classes cancelled on Monday, it was great seeing the students throughout the week.  Two big school events are fast approaching: Sports Day & a city wide Speech Contest. I've had a lot of fun helping the students prepare for both.


Fall is in the air and I couldn't be happier. The earliest part of the week was overcast and cool. I loved it. It makes my commute to school a lot easier. I actually wore a jacket this week. I couldn't believe it.  As great as this weather is it's making miss college football, Starbucks PSL's, and blanket scarfs. The exciting news is that all the stores have rolled out their fall/winter ware and I spied blanket scarfs, riding boots, corduroy and suede pants. I really can't wait to go shopping.



Speaking of shopping, I actually do have some things I need to buy. On Tuesday I signed up for my first Japanese race. It's a 10 K course along the seaside at the north of Kyushu. I'm really excited but I have a lot of training to do. I already have my running shoes, but I'll slowly need to start putting my running outfit together. The race is at the end of November and it will be a lot colder. 



This week I also joined a Japanese tennis league. Through a serendipitous chain of events I met a Japanese lady who plays in a league near my apartment. After running it by her coach I was given the OK to attend the hitting session on Friday night. I had the most wonderful time meeting the group. Everyone was so nice and there were a variety of skill levels present. Earlier in the week I bought a tennis racket at the 2nd Street shop. I just needed something, nothing special. I brought my tennis shoes back with me, but I left my rackets behind. 


2nd Street Shop - Wilson 

10 minutes into hitting last night I realized it was a mistake. The 2nd Street shop racket was embarrassing.  So much so that when it was my turn to be partners with the coach he lent me his spare Babolot to use for the remainder of practice. I'm planning to go racket shopping this weekend. I want to have something by next week's session.


 I don't have too much planned for this weekend:


- organize my school paperwork
- grocery shopping
- clothes shopping
- run a 5k


I don't have an adventure planned for this weekend. After finishing my first "back to school" I want to take time to get everything back in order. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Xoxo,

M