Sunday, September 11, 2016

Weekend Recap: Tennis Racket Demo


Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 

I had a nice and relaxing weekend. I stayed local and took time to catch up on sleep, NETFLIX, and some house chores.  On Saturday I walked to UNIQLO and did a little bit of "work" clothes shopping. I bought two black bottoms and two black tops --- black is still my favorite color to wear.

Shopping at UNIQLO is one of my favorite things to do. Their store is literally the best. The prices are reasonable and everything is color coordinated. I spent two hours browsing and dreaming about all the outfit combinations I could make. I settled on the 4 black pieces because they were the most practical and versatile for the time being. I have my "wish list" that I'm holding onto --- wool coats, blanket scarves, puffy down vests, black jeans, and joggers in every color. Also, UNIQLO sponsors Kei Nishikori, Novak Djokovic, and Adam Scott which is a pretty cool lineup. 


Walking to UNIQLO - walked an extra mile because I took a wrong turn.


Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 

I slept in on Sunday morning and then went out to run a few errands. I bought some housewares at the 100 yen store and groceries at SunLive. This week I'll be cooking a lot of rice, eggs, and vegetables. 

In the evening I was picked up by my new Japanese friends. They took me to a sports store where I picked out a tennis racket to demo. I chose the Babolat Pure Drive Tour edition. I hit really well with it. We played doubles at a sports complex not too far from my apartment. I had a blast playing with them. We played three full sets! I'm already looking forward to our league practice on Friday. 

I'm probably going to end up buying the Babolat racket. I really enjoyed hitting with it. I also am going to look into getting new court shoes. The tennis shoes I have are for hard court only. I found out that the shoes everyone else wear have grips to them that make them usable for hard court and clay courts. Since most of the Japanese courts are a mix of grass and sand the grips help keep them from sliding. My hard court shoes have me slipping and sliding all over the place. 

I can't wait to do all of this tennis equipment shopping!



- - -

I don't have too much planned for this upcoming week:

- bike shopping
- tennis racket & clay court shoe shopping
- a day off of work
- 10 K training

The forecast shows rain for the whole week ... I'm optimistic and see hot cocoa, candles, and rom-coms in my future. 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Xoxo,

M