Sunday, July 31, 2016

Weekend Recap: Violin Concert, Mt Sarakuar, YNAB




Another weekend has come and gone. Time is slipping through my fingers. I have been in Japan for 65 days! I've heard it takes 60 days to form a habit. Well, my life in Japan is officially a habit. I have established my routines and I have developed a way of life. I just need it to all slow down ...

Weekend High's: Seeing Kitakyushu City from above & establishing my YNAB Budget.
Weekend Low's: Realizing I am in the real world ... bills, pensions, and expenses.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time,

- M


July 29, 2016 - Today was a work day. I traveled into Fukuoka City by train to help with English camp preparations. I got into the city a couple of hours early and explored. 

After work I jumped on a train and headed back to Orio Station. I had a ticket to a violin concert in Kurosaki that I didn't want to miss. When I was younger I played the violin, but now I cannot play any type of instrument. I have an appreciation for people whose talents lie in the arts. 


I made it to Kurosaki without any problem and was able to find the concert hall.


 Festival Decorations


Lanterns lining the streets of Kurosaki.



Kurosaki Music Hall



I found a seat right in the middle and enjoyed an hour and a half of classical music. 
Wonderful.


July 30, 2016 - Tonight I was hosted by a Japanese family for dinner and an amazing view of Kitakyushu.  I cannot put into words how much this night meant to me. Hospitality at it's finest. 


Learned how to make sushi rice.



Ate traditional Japanese food -- sashimi, karaage, vegetables, tofu, unagi



For dessert --- wine, Starbucks coffee, individual dark chocolate mouse


Took a cable car to the top of Mt. Sarakura.


Night time view of Kitakyushu City




I fall more in love with this city every day.

xoxo



July 31, 2016 -  After a little work, I tackled things I have been dreading ...

  • YNAB Budget 
  • Organizing Work Paperwork
  • Travel Documents for Summer Vacation to America
  • Packing for America
  • Laundry
  • Cleaning
I cannot believe how quickly my trip is approaching. I still have a lot to do, but I've got the process started.  I do have some exciting things planned for my layover in NRT, though! 

Netflix played in the background: Suits