Sunday, July 3, 2016

Adventure: First Time Staying In


July 3, 2016 - Today's forecast was rain all day. So, I decided to stay local and forego an adventurous outing. I made coffee and spent time working on my resume; catching up on social media; and live streaming Wimbledon from the Wimbledon app. It was a nice morning. I also, cleaned my apartment and caught up on laundry.

There was a minor hiccup in my morning, though. I found out that someone may have stole my credit card information ... I called Wells Fargo and talked to them about my options. All is well for now and I am keeping a close eye on transaction activity.

After that minor crisis, I got myself ready and headed out for a walk. I decided today would be the perfect day to shop at Uniqulo. The walk is about 15 minutes and is a straight shot. It's not bad at all. *I took my umbrella just in case.




I spent 2 hours in Uniqlo trying to decide what I absolutely needed. I could have bought one of everything, honestly. I've been keeping a list of things that I could use. A high priority item is a light weight jacket. Yesterday, at the tennis match there was an older lady in front of me who was wearing a white wind breaker. I eyed it the whole match. The ALT laughed and told me, "Micaela, you cannot steal a jacket from an old lady." While I was shopping today I found my own. I was so excited! It's bright white and light weight. It's perfect.

I also bought a few other pieces I've been needing:

  • white pants 
  • basic white short sleeve 
  • grey stone joggers 
  • black sleeveless mock turtle neck 
All of these pieces are interchangeable. They'll be able to go with what I already have in my closet. That's one of my favorite parts of living here ... building a monochromatic wardrobe. Everything I have is neutral. The only color I have in my closet is green. Everything else is black, white, taupe, navy, or grey. It's beautiful and makes me unbelievably happy.



After shopping at Uniqlo I headed back to my apartment. It had poured rain while I was shopping. Luckily, it had stopped by the time I was ready to leave. The problem though, was the wall of humidity I walked into. It was insane.

Before grocery shopping at SunLive I stopped into Diaso and picked up a few things I needed for school. Tomorrow I'll be returning to JHS #2. I'm excited to see the students and staff. I'll be at this JHS for 2 weeks.






On my way back to the apartment I stopped by a street food vendor and picked out 2 different types of yakitori to try. One was octopus and the other was some type of read meat ... I'm not 100% sure what kind it was though.




Dinner for one.




Onigiri & black sweaweed from Sunlive; Street Vendor yakitori

Even though I didn't get to the beach today, or venture out a little further, I had a great day. It was nice to stay in and clean my apartment and have my laundry completed for the upcoming week.

Confession:


Since it's Fourth of July weekend back in the States ... I'm a little homesick. I keep seeing pictures of friends and family out on the water, drinking beer, golfing, listening to country music ... an all American weekend. On Spotify there was even a country playlist that was recommended for me. I clicked on it and immediately regretted it. Jake Owen's American Country Love Song started playing. I was done for.

I'll figure out some way to celebrate the Fourth tomorrow.

Truth:

Honestly, there is much more I want to see and do that I am no where close to wanting to leave. This is just the beginning.