Friday, December 23, 2016

Winter Vacation Is Coming!

Here's what happened in the week leading up to Winter Vacation:

The school week fly by. I helped the students make "Thank You" cards, write Letter's to Santa, create a Christmas Wish List, and write about what they will miss about being junior high school students. It was a lot of fun and their personalities really showed this week. 


So I couldn't resist sharing this ... 

While students were writing their Thank You cards to the Malaysian students who visited, I came across one card that read, 

"Thank you! You are cute. You're a real sweetheart. It was fun to speak English with you." 

It was precious and I praised them for their word choice.

Before I knew it, it was Friday. I was packing up my desk and heading to my company's training. The second semester was officially over.


River Walk, Kokura City

After training I stayed in Kokura and did a little shopping at the River Walk. I had been searching for the right pair of heeled leather booties. I'd been wanting a little height with my outfits. I spent about an hour in a shoe store walking the aisles up and down. I couldn't decide. There were so many options. Of course, when I finally made my decision, I chose the most expensive pair from my option list. But I'm not sorry about it. They're beautiful and just what I wanted. 

I also stumbled into GAP and couldn't believe what I saw. 

50% off store wide regularly priced merchandise! 

I bought an activewear sweatshirt that I don't plan on getting out of. It's comfortable, double-lined, has pockets, and makes me feel like a turtle because the neckline is so high. It's so warm and makes me so happy!

The best part of my GAP trip was buying jeans. I normally do not like jeans. In the past they've been difficult for me to wear. However, I recently purchased a black pair from UNIQLO that I love. They're flattering, form fitting, and high-waisted. I like them so much I've been meaning to go back and buy another pair.

So when I was in GAP I figured I'd give their jeans a try. I've always heard good things them and decided it was time for me to give them a shot. I loaded up my shopping bag with 5 pairs and headed to the dressing room. 

A trip to the dressing is worthy of it's own blog post. It is always an experience. 

The jeans all fit and I liked the washes, but hey were just too short. They all hit just at the ankle. So in my broken Japanese, I handed the jeans back to the sales lady and explained that they were "mizikai" (too short).

She understood and I gestured that I wanted long pants to wear with heels.

She told me to wait and that she would be back.

She came back with 3 new pairs for me to try and I headed back into the dressing room.

I ended up getting one pair of jeans --- skinny fit, medium wash, regular length.

After shopping I walked through the illumination display outside the River Walk. It's nice to feel Christmas in the air.


River Walk Christmas Tree, Kokura City


River Walk Illumination, Kokura City 


River Walk Illumination, Kokura City