Sunday, February 18, 2018

さようなら Dates in Kurosaki

When I woke up on Saturday morning, I could tell that spring was in the air. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in sight. It's been months since I've seen a day like this.

I took my time getting ready and enjoyed coffee and podcasts before heading to Kurosaki for my twoさようなら dates.

First, I met Mrs. F for traditional Japanese sweets and coffee at the Izutsuya department store. Like always, we had wonderful conversations --- I could go on and on, but I'll keep the details to myself. She's someone who I'm so thankful to know. Not only has she been a great friend, but a true role model. Saying goodbye to her was not easy, but I do believe that I'll see her again. The 2020 Tokyo Olympics aren't that far away. 

After coffee, I met up with Shoko-san. We walked through Kurosaki's outdoor shopping plaza before heading to our dinner reservations at The House of Lindomar. Over an 8 course meal, we talked, chatted, and laughed about all we've done and all we're looking forward to. I'll never forget this evening. Every outing with Shoko-san is special, but this one was different. It was something more . . . it was significant. 

[Insert everything I never, ever want to forget.]

I'll see Shoko-san one last time before I leave Japan. Saying goodbye to her is going to break my heart. But, I know we'll meet again --- we have to. 

Take a look at my day . . . 



















"2,000 acres and a river running through it. See you there!"

XOXO,
M