Monday, February 12, 2018

さようなら Party

And just like that it's time to say goodbye. 

On Sunday afternoon, I met Shoko-san and Hiroko-san for lunch. After exchanging Valentine's boxes of chocolates, we headed to a traditional Japanese style restaurant for assorted tempura. Our sets included pieces of tempura shrimp, green and red peppers, shitake mushrooms, and a few other Japanese vegetables that I didn't recognize.

Before enjoying coffee and cake sets at ADHOC, we walked through the Munakata Fish Market and visited a local Munakata shrine.

Take a look at our afternoon . . . 





































As wonderful as our afternoon was, we couldn't ignore the fact that this was the last time that all three of us would be together. I still have a few outings with Shoko-san before I leave, but this was the last time for me to visit with Hiroko-san. She's the one who I have to thank for introducing me to Sushi Yatai and omakase sushi.

So over coffee and cake I recited my Japanese Sayounara Speech for the first time. Shoko-san helped me write it a couple of weeks ago at Japanese Conversation Class. Sadly, I'll have to say this speech many more times before I leave Japan.

Saying goodbye is not easy, and it's definitely not fun, but it's something I knew would eventually come. So here it is, my Japanese Sayounara Speech . . .

2月11日
さようなら スピーチ
いきましょう。
みなさん、 こんいちは。 わたしは ミカエラ を ワイト です。
アメリカ からきました。
わたしは えいご の せんせい です。
わたしは の ために パーテイー を ありがとうございます。
わたしは アメリカ え かいります。
にほん に は やく いちねん と きゅかげつ すんで いました。
とても たのしい じかん でした。
みなさん、 とても しんせつ で たすけて くれました。
どもう ありがとうございました。 めちゃ さびし です。
さようなら。
おわりました。
ありがとうございました。


Goodbye Speech English Translation:

2月11日
Ni gatsu jyuichi nichi
Feburary 11th

さようなら スピーチ
Sayounara Supi-chi
Goodbye Speech

いきましょう。

Ikimashou.
Let's go.

みなさん、 こんいちは。 わたしは ミカエラ を ワイト です。
Minasan, konichiwa. Watashiwa Mikaera o Waito desu.
Hello, everyone. I am Micaela White.

アメリカ からきました。
Amerika karakimashita.
I’m from America.

わたしは えいご の せんせい です。
Watashiwa eigo no sensei desu.
I’m an English teacher.

わたしは の ため に  パーテイー を ありがとうございます。
Watashi no tame ni pa-tei- o arigatougozaimasu.
Thank you for my party.

わたしは アメリカ え かいります。
Watashiwa Amerika e kairimasu.
I am returning to America.

にほん に は やく いちねん と きゅかげつ すんで いました。
Nihon ni wa yaku ichinen to kyukagetsu sunde imashita.
I have lived in Japan for about 1 year and 9 months.

とても たのしい じかん でした。
Totemo tanoshii jikan deshita.
My time here has been enjoyable.

みなさん、 とても しんせつ で   たすけて  くれました。
Minasan, totemo shinsetsu de tasukete kuremashita.
Everyone has been kind and helpful.

どもう ありがとうございました。 めちゃ さびし です。
Domou arigatougozaimashita. Mechya sabishi desu.
Thank you so much. I am very sad.

さようなら。
Sayounara.
Goodbye.

おわりました。
Owarimashita.
I'm finished.

ありがとうございました。
Arigatougozaimashita.
Thank you.

XOXO,
M