Sunday, December 31, 2017

さようなら, 2017!


Looking back at all that's happened this year, I'm extremely proud of how I spent my time. This was a full year. There were a variety of moments --- moments of challenge, heartbreak, love & laughter; moments of doubt, question, and change. All of the moments contributed to making memories that will last me a lifetime. 



I'm thrilled to be able to say that I spent another year living abroad in Japan. Even though it's coming to an end, I'm glad to know that I will always have these memories to hold onto. 

My theme for 2017 was adult growing pains.  And let me tell you, I felt them. They were painful, uncomfortable, and extremely frustrating. But what they showed me about myself made them worth having. 
In Review: This year was more than challenging. It was trying. This year I learned how to stay. I learned what it's like to follow through and carry out commitments. I learned more about myself than I was expecting - strengths, weaknesses, good & bad habits; my thoughts, dreams, desires, and beliefs. I grew into my skin this year and started stepping out of my own way. 2017 was all mine. xoxo
So to celebrate all that 2017 gave me, I took a hike. I layered on clothing, packed my bag, and poured champagne to-go. 

Take a look . . . 

















Moving forward into 2018 is bittersweet, but I'm ready for it. 

Happy New Year, y'all!

XOXO,
M