Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Eve

I spent my Christmas Eve by running a 5K and then traveling into Fukuoka to visit the Hakata Christmas Market one last time. 

Like always, I stopped into Dean & Deluca for a cafe latte. This time tough, I decided to sit and have my coffee there. Usually I take it to go, but something was different about tonight.

So I pulled out my journal and begin to write. Every year I write myself a Christmas card. I fill it with memories I don't want to forget and wishes that I'm wishing for. I write it, seal it, and open it on the Christmas of the next year. It's something I've been doing since my freshman year of high school. 

Afterwards, I headed to a bookstore to browse through their "English" section. I wasn't expecting to find what I did, but I'm glad I did. The book is my inspiration for this upcoming year's theme. 

I can't wait to write about it, but until then . . . 

Merry Christmas Eve!

XOXO,
M