Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Winter Holiday Begins


The winter holiday is officially here! Here's to two weeks of relaxing, unwinding, planning & prepping, long runs, and of course, coffee and wine. I'm so looking forward to it all.

These last few months of school have been hectic to say the least. It seemed like there was never any down time. Here's how the 2nd term went . . .

September - Opening Ceremony, Sports Day, English Speech Contest, Exams
October - Halloween Themed Lessons, Elementary English Event
November - Thanksgiving Themed Lessons, Culture Day, Demo Lesson
December - Multiple International Events, Malaysian Home Stays, Christmas Themed Lessons

Even though it was busy, stressful, and had me biting my tongue at times, I wouldn't change anything about it. I'm so lucky to be at the school that I'm at. The teachers, staff, and students make my job easy. I'm never not looking forward to coming into school.

Actually, I'm heartbroken about leaving it --- but, I'm not ready to write about that yet. I still have two months left and I'm holding onto them tight.

To celebrate the beginning of winter holiday, I met one of my Japanese friends for dinner. She made us reservations at an Italian restaurant in Kurosaki. There's so much I want to say about the meal, but I'm at a loss for words. Every thing about it was wonderful --- the food, conversation, and atmosphere were unlike anything I've ever experienced before. I'll never forget it.

Over 5 courses and two drinks, life became a lot more clear.

It was the perfect way to start the holiday. Cheers to the next two weeks and my last two months!

XOXO,
M