Friday, March 3, 2017

Let's Catch Up


In the midst of finishing up the school year I have fallen behind with my posts. A lot has happened in the past few weeks and I'm going to do my best to get caught up. 

So here is what I forgot to say in no particular order ...

  • The IC that B and I share took us out for kaiten-zushi (conveyor belt sushi) a couple of weekends ago. Kaiten-zushi is so much fun. You have the option to pick pieces of sushi off of the conveyor belt as they pass by, or your can place an order and have it delivered directly to your table. The restaurant we visited delivered placed orders by a toy Forumal 1 car. It was so cool! I made sure to snag a picture.  After eating too much sushi, all together we amassed 38 plates, we headed to Cafe Fadie for some coffee.  



  • I was finally able to try a local type of ramen. They descirbed it as being "chumon ramen" which means it has many flavors. The bowl pictured below was just a small size and it was plenty. I can't imagine going for the large! Out of all the ramen I've tried so far it's been my favorite.

  • I've come to find that Japan has many types of oranges. Since they're in season right now they are everywhere. One of the schools I worked at has orange trees and I was able to take a bag full home. They were so delicious and refreshing. 



  • Recently, two of my friends from the tennis club got married -- S & K. I hadn't seen them since they got married, so I was excited to meet them for dinner. They invited me to S's mother's 60th birthday! It was such a fun night. We ate assorted sushi, seafood miso soup, and okonomiyaki (egg and vegetable omlet). For dessert we celebrated with strawberry shortcake & red wine. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in the summer. I cannot explain how much I enjoyed eating with them. A dinner that I expected to last 2 or 3 hours, turned into an all night affair. It was one of my favorite nights. 


  • Shoko-san is one of my best friends here in Japan. I want to be just like her when I grow up. I love our weekly study sessions and Japanese telephone conversations. She is unbelievably patient with me and such a great teacher
  • Match Kahlua --- best find ever!

So that's it. That's what I forgot to say. Now that I'm caught up, I don't ever want to get behind again.