Thursday, March 2, 2017

"Oishii desu ne"


On Saturday, February 25th, B & I were treated to the most beautiful lunch. It was a "Thank You" gift for a job well done.  It was a pleasant afternoon filled with great company, good conversation, and the most visually appealing food I've ever laid eyes on. I'm not a foodie by any means. I don't usually look forward to meals for the food, but for the conversation and company that is to come. So eating at Tobiume was unlike any restaurant I'd eaten at before. The food came out course by course. Every time a new dish was placed in front of us, an explanation of the plate followed. I loved every minute of the meal. 

I'm not sure exactly how, but I know that eating at Tobiume has changed my perspective on food for the better. 

Below I've included pictures of each course, except one I forgot to take a picture of.  Enjoy!


seafood salad with locally sourced ingredients


fish mousse soup


sashimi with multiple toppings: ume, dried shochu, shochu, and wasabi


bamboo and fish egg salad


A5 tenderloin with creamed & sauteed spinach


sweet rice topped with a slice of unagi


molten chocolate souffle with vanilla bean ice cream

The best part of the meal was walking away feeling satisfied, not stuffed. I continued on with the rest of my day and did not feel weighed down. Instead, I felt energized and positive.